Folk Music Site Search
The search engine below will search this entire site,
meaning it will find matches in both the Folk Music Site AND Taylor's Traditional Tunebook.
If your search does not return positive results:
- Try searching for one or two distinct words in the song (such as Gypsy, Mourne, County Down, etc.)
- Try alternate spellings.
- You can search for an author (Robert Burns, Thomas Moore, Lady Nairne, Elizabeth Grant, Dibdin, Percy French, etc.)
- You can search for tunes from a particular source. For example you could enter "One Hundred English Folksongs" (without the quotes). The results would include the tunes from Cecil Sharp's One Hundred English Folksongs.
- You can search for midis created by a particular person (John Renfro Davis, Barry Taylor, Ron Clarke, etc.) Please be advised this does not return perfect results.
- If you want to find all of the songs for a particular country, go to Songs at this Site Sorted by Country.
Songs after 1922 are protected by copyright. Songs such as Today, The Dark Isle, Ashokan Farewell, Killkelly, and The Queen of Argyll, sound traditional, but are copyrighted. Many World War II songs are also under copyright. That's why all of the songs you might expect to find on this site are not available.
If you have any questions about these pages refer to the Introduction before sending mail.